Galactic Civilizations III v3.6 Community Update improves custom ship mod compatibility, adjusts commonwealth worlds, and more
We're launching a version update today that addresses the most important feedback we get: YOURS. We've addressed several community reported issues in our continuing effort to bring you the best GalCiv game possible. We put balance and bug fix work into both the base game and the Retribution expansion with this update. Some of the biggest changes we made include:
- Merging fleets no longer renames them
- Custom ships work better with mods
- Artificial life forms can no longer build farms because robots don't eat food
- Your commonwealth worlds can no longer flip worlds in your empire (because that was treason!)
See the huge changelog below!
Owners, the v3.6 update is ready and waiting for you in your Steam client.
Don't forget to pick up the newly released Retribution expansion today!
v3.6 Changelog Notes
- Nerfed "Lossless Life Support" module
- Fixed typos in "Lossless Mining" module descriptions
- Updated Tourism bonus for the "Popular Race" trait to be flat 1 and 2% instead of multipliers of 10 and 20%
- Updated united planet tourism board to be flat with a 10% bonus (was multiplier of 100% which was crazy)
- Colonizing the Promethion Refinery precursor world now grants 5 Promethion
- Set "Virtual Vacation" to be a player wonder
- Changed "Influence Per Turn" from multiplier to flat on the Galactic Showcase
- Fixed mismatch of description and text in the "Antimatter Weapon Colonizing" event
- Tweaked pathfinding so that it doesn't attempt to find a path to the node closest to a blocked destination if the start tile is already the closest node
- Silicon-based life can terraform and colonize high level extreme worlds
- Removed farms for Synthetic lifeforms and enabled terraforming improvements and high end extreme world techs
- Fixed "Orphaned Improvements" and techs in the Retribution tech tree
- Fixed issue with Iridium tech tree failing on "Tariff Focus" specialization
- Changed it so that when you merge a fleet, it will keep a custom name for the resulting fleet. If both fleets being merged have custom names, it keeps the fleet name of the bigger fleet.
- Adjusted "Economic Warning" flavor text to fit with new conversation popup font size.
- Fixed typo in "Precursor Research Node" description.
- Improved the text alignment on the UP Resolutions window
- Fixed custom ship style sets having the wrong strategic icons. Players will have to re-save their ship style sets (and change the effect ships classes to what they want along with their text, since that is info that is saved off). Prevents players from having to remake the ship style sets and only deal with what was changed
- You can no longer assign commanders to planets
- Ships with "one per player" components can upgrade to ships with the same components
- Cleaned up code that clears/applies rebellion status to prevent edge cases where planets can flip when they shouldn't (like when the tile is owned by a commonwealth of the planet owner)
- Addressed a MP crash related to mismatched DLC
- Fixed mismatched strategic icons on some ship classes
- Fixed typos in "Plasma Arc" event
- Ships created with mods now show up correctly
- Prevents crash if a tech unlocks more than 12 things at once (modders -- you know who you are!)
- Fixed issue where Hypergates didn't fire any shots during battle because they didn't have range
- Changed the Hyperlane tool tip to account for the minimum move cost, so it will now show the max bonus as 900% instead of +-100%
- Removed extra space in the Korath faction description
- Added "lossless life support" back into the Retribution tech tree
- Updated Thalan conversation text to reflect that they bring in multiple ships now in mission 4
- Add basic Block Hulls to Korath Ship style